Firm: Miranda Law Firm, PLLC
Address: 624 W. State Street, Garland, Texas 75040
Areas of Practice: Immigration, Family Law
After successfully working fourteen years in retail management, Whitney returned to school and earned a J.D. from Washburn University Law School in 2008. Whitney has been licensed to practice law by the Texas Supreme Court since 2008 and is also licensed to practice before the United States District Court of the Northern District of Texas. Prior to opening the Miranda Law Firm, PLLC., Whitney worked as an associate attorney for a local Immigration Law Firm.
- Clerked for the Honorable William Nixon in the Immigration Court located in Salt Lake City Utah.
- Member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA).
- Member of the exclusive College of the State Bar of Texas
- Member of Garland Hispano Chamber of Commerce
- Garland Bar Association Secretary / Pro Bono Organizer
- Law Clerk for Legal Aid of Northwest Texas 2006 and 2007.
- Practiced family law in Kansas through the Washburn Law Clinic.
- Pro Bono Services offered through local Women’s shelter and through Dallas Volunteer Attorney Program.
- Taught English to Spanish speakers through the Richardson Library program.
- Reads for Visual Aid Volunteers, Inc.
- Coached in recreational youth soccer program.